- Posted by admin
- On 19 September 2020
- 0 Comments
- bv, doing business, holland, taxation, taxes, the netherlands
In this article we explain why you should be doing business in the Netherlands whether you are from Dubai or Norway. If you have any questions about this article and want to know more, please contact us by calling 00316 19 63 56 74. You can also send an email to [email protected].
Doing business in the Netherlands
As a country, the Netherlands acts as a logistics hub for Europe through the Rotterdam port and Amsterdam Airport Schiphol. It is possible to access 95 per cent of Europe’s most lucrative consumer markets within 24 hours due to its outstanding infrastructure. This makes the Netherlands an ideal gateway for expanding your business. Next to that, the Netherlands features one of the most highly educated and multilingual workforces in Europe.
Setting up a business
Dependent on the form, certain steps must be taken to set up your company in the Netherlands. Read more on how we can help you with setting up your company in Holland.
The Netherlands, a nation of traders, has always been open and welcoming to foreign companies. As a result, the Dutch taxation system contains a lot of incentives that stimulate doing business. Also investment in the Netherlands and immigration of foreign employees is stimulated due to the dutch taxation.
Other advantages regarding taxation are:
- Double taxation on international activities can usually be avoided as the Netherlands have a large tax treaty network.
- The Netherlands has a very favourable tax treatment for companies that are foreign-owned. There are no withholding taxes on interest and royalties, and usually a full (to zero) or partial reduction of withholding taxes on dividend applies.
- The innovation box, together with other R&D possibilities, provides for a highly attractive tax regime for those activities.
- Expatriates with specific expertise may also benefit from a 30 per cent tax free allowance on Dutch wage tax.
Would you like to get in touch to receive more information? Please contact us by phone (+31 6 42 31 1000) or send an email at [email protected].
For more detailed information, please read this article about doing business in the Netherlands.